80+ Animation Creation, Editors and Presentation Tools
Over the past few years the popularity of animation videos has shot up, mainly because they appeal to all ages. Many different online and offline animation tools have appeared on the web. They have all simplified the process of creating animations, making it possible for anyone to create an animated video. Most of these web-based tools and software are user friendly and very easy to navigate. You can now create animations that are suitable for everyday social media, websites and blog posts in a matter of a few hours, or a few minutes in some cases.
Many of the new animation applications and programs will help you create your own animations very quickly. From social media posts, advertising, marketing to entertaining and engaging your viewers, their purposes are endless. Animations are also extremely easy to customize and adapt for whatever message you are trying to get across.
There are also some great free applications, which are good enough to help you create great animation projects for all your needs, if your on a budget. This is not essentially a review of all the tools available but a comprehensive list of what you can find at the present time. The lists below include, Free and Paid applications and software you can find for online and offline use. Check out our playlist with many of the below tools at the bottom of this page.
Get This Free Comic Elements Pack For After Effects
Whiteboard Animation Tools
- MySimpleShow is a wonderful, online whiteboard video creator. It allows anyone to create their own animated explainer videos very quickly and very easily. And the best part is, My Simple Show is totally Free to use and highly recommended. Check out our Full Review of MySimpleShow.
VideoScribe is perhaps one of the most well known Whiteboard animation tools. Create your own white board style animations very quickly using royalty free images and music from their growing library.
Doodly is a brand new application that allows it’s user to quickly and easily create both whiteboard and blackboard doodle videos. The Doodly software can be downloaded right to your desktop and is compatible with both PC and Mac computers. You can download this software totally free but as I am writing this, I have just found out that the free offer is now closed. Keep a look out for this great tool opening a free offer again soon.
- Goanimate will help you create Professional Whiteboard Animated Videos. It has an easy learning curve and a DIY set of simple tools. Goanimate is also low budget with a Free option available.
- Explee is the application that allows you to create powerful and efficient whiteboard animated video.
- TruScribe Whiteboard Software is a DIY solution for creating outstanding whiteboard videos. Free fully functional 7 day trial available.
Awwapp Whiteboard is a touch-friendly online whiteboard app that lets you use your computer, tablet or smartphone to easily draw sketches, upload images, edit, collaborate with others and share.
- Easy Sketch Pro is perhaps one of the best available whiteboard animation software for Windows and Mac OS X. It is a very marketed product but don’t let that put you off.
- TTS Sketch Maker is another marketed product. But you can easily create Amazing Whiteboard Sketch Videos with Text-To-Speech Human Sounding Voices in Minutes!
- VideoMakerFX is probably the most marketed product on the list but it happens to be an excellent tool for creating animated videos. Highly recommended.
- Rawshorts is an honest no nonsense online whiteboard maker. It is not an over hyped marketing product which is a good sign to me. I have used Raw Shorts several times and can recommend using them to create template based videos or whiteboard style explainer videos. Great Free option available.
Template Animation Tools
Conversion-Boosting, Engagement-Increasing New Video Assets
*NOW WITH $10 DISCOUNT PROMOTION*
*Buy Now Through The Links Below And I Will Add a $10 Discount Coupon*
Kick Ass Toons is an AMAZING animation graphics pack. It will help you create animated videos very quickly and easily. This is a brand-new video assets collection you just can’t miss!
Kick Ass Toons includes 11 different modules and characters which all have a working theme. These are all adaptable to create emotions and actions. This makes up to 450 footage clips and 150 unique studio quality character animations. These come in popular formats, PNG, FLV, MOV and SVG so they can also be used in other software tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, Open Office or Explaindio.
Invest in Kick-Ass Toons and you’ll also receive these 4 Stunning Bonuses for FREE!
Forward your purchase receipt and I will add a Cartoon Graphics MegaPack.
See the form at the bottom of the page!
Check Out This Video of Kick Ass Toons here.
- PowToon is one of my favorites and recommended. Create Animated Videos and Presentations from this wonderful online template based editor.
- Wideo is a template based Video creation platform. You can create animated videos quickly and easily for your marketing campaigns. Free Trial Available.
- Semalt is the quickest way to create an animated video. Choose a template, add your URL and Semalt will create your animated explainer video in minutes.
- Shakr is another template based video creation tool. Many of the templates are animated and can be adapted to suit your needs. Free Option available.
- FlixPress Create animated intro’s and outro’s with FlixPress. Very good Free option available.
- Wevideo lets you upload your images, video and text. You can then edit with some sophisticated features like still photo animation, voice over, and clip transformation. Free Plan Available.
- Renderforest is another great online Video creation tool. Use their templates to create an animated video. Check out our Full review of Renderforest and pick up a bonus discount voucher.
- Moovly will help you create animated videos and presentations. Check out their home page for some great options. Including Doodle Style templates, Video Generators, HTML editing and competitions. Moovly is Highly recommended, check out the video below.
- Biteable will help you create animation online very quickly. Their Free Plan offers amazing unlimited HD quality videos. Biteable is well worth checking out.
- RawShorts is a template based video creation tool. Choose from their collection of animation templates and edit to create a video. Great Free plan available and highly recommended.
- VideoBolt has animated templates you can adapt and edit. Free Plan Available.
- Clipchamp offers a Video Recorder, converter, compressor and editor giving you plenty of options to create animated video. You can also Send files fast and easy with ClipChamp!
- MotionDen is an online Animation video maker. Create animated Video from templates for Free. A fairly new tool and well worth checking out for creating free and cheap animated videos.
Animation Makers & Editors
- Animaker is a drag and drop animation editor. You can easily create 2D animations, Whiteboard style Videos, Animated Infographics and Typography videos. Animaker also has a massive library of graphics and templates you can edit and adapt to your requirements. A free plan is also available. Highly recommended and very easy to use. Check out their How To Video below.
- Animatron is a fantastic online HTML5 Animation maker. Create Whiteboard style videos, Explainer videos, animated banners or Presentation style animations. All plans, including the Free plan have access to thousands of static and animated graphics, objects, backgrounds, audio and sound FX.
- Flash CS5. Remember this? Many people started with this old favorite including myself . It is of course still available and if you have a good search around the internet you’ll find many places still offering a download. You can also check out this Flash SC5 playlist. Also search YouTube for downloads of this great little tool.
- The new Adobe Animate CC is a cutting-edge, interactive, animation drawing and design tool. It lets you publish to multiple platforms, including Flash/Adobe AIR, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, or even custom platforms. Animate is part of Creative Cloud and is available for as little as $19.99 with a free trial also available, from the Adobe home page.
- Doodle Animator is a wonderful Free animation editor and desktop app. You can download for Mac or Windows and use right away. There is also a free creative kit to download which will help you create backgrounds and objects. It’s a great free software but be aware that once you have downloaded you will then be offered up sells such as various graphics packs. Check out the Video Introduction below.
- Scratch is a very simple but effective online editor. You can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations and share your creations with others in the online community.
- ImageCam is a new product introduced on Clickbank. But it is certainly worth checking out. It has some unique features for creating animations you may not have seen before. Plus if you take a look now it is on a special offer, download for Free.
- FilmGenerator is a fun tool that will turn anyone into a film director. Create a Film in a minute with FilmGenerator.
- Dvolver is a quick and fun Film HTML movie maker.
- Easy Animator Pro is a JV product. It will help you Quickly & Easily create Animation for Video, Social Media, Websites and More! It is all boxed up with powerful animation pr-sets, text animations, hundreds of anim bits, search for image and much more.
- Creaza is the leading global educational toolbox for the creative expression of knowledge and skills . It offers four fully featured online tools. Including an animation cartoon editor, video editor, a massive library of content, a mind mapping tool and an audio editor.
- Motion Composer offers powerful design tools to create rich animated content in HTML and Flash. For Mac and Windows with try for free option.
- Pencil2D is an animation software for both bitmap and vector graphics. It is totally free, multi-platform, and open source. A recommended animation tool.
- AnimationPaper. Animators, students, film makers and game developers will love the ease and speed working in Animation Paper for PC and Mac. You can also download the old version which is available for Free. Looks like a really good tool after it’s update.
- Tupi A design and authoring tool for digital artists interested in 2D Animation. Tupi is a free software project under constant redesign and evolution. A space for creation and publishing of free animated content.
- Clara is a free, web-based fully functional key frame animation application. Model, animate and render online, you don’t need any browser plugins to get started. It features a good system for polygonal modelling and skeletal/keyframe animation, and due to its 80,000+ user base there’s a strong community feel and plenty of people to ask for advice.
- Synfig is similar in design to pencil, but for some, myself included, comes with a steeper learning curve. It offers more advanced features than Pencil. The results that can be achieved once you master Synfig are on a professional level.
- Creatoon 3.0 is a cut-out based program (all graphics are imported) that takes a lot of the headache out of creating cartoon style animations. While it isn’t quite as polished as some of the other names on this list, the real-time editing, auto in-frame filling, special effects and versatile file format support are real pulls.
Stykz is a multi-platform stick figure animation program. It is completely free and works on any platform. It can produce fluid GIFs incredibly quickly. One particularly neat feature is that it also integrates with Pivot, another node-based (and free) animation tool.
Pivot Animator makes it easy to create animations. Bring your figures to life by creating a sequence of animation frames.
Tab is a 2D animation software tailored to create original animation for the Web and Broadcast in a natural and intuitive way. You can create Manga style and Kids cartoon style animations.
Moho brings your imagination to life! Formerly known as Anime Studio, Moho offers an affordable tool to create animation from start to finish. It brings a powerful 2D rigging system and mixes it with traditional animation tools. Moho has everything you need to make amazing, professional animations.
- OpenToonz is a Free and Open Source Animation Production software. It is based on the software “Toonz”, which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy and customised by Studio Ghibli, It can be used in all kinds of scenes, such as professional production, amateur production, and school education.
- CrazyTalkAnimator is an easy to use fully featured 2D animation software. It enables all levels of users to create professional animations with the least amount of effort. Free Trial Available.
3D Animation Tools
- Moviestorm is a 3d animation software for all types of Video makers and filmmaker. Free Trial Available. Try Moviestorm today!
Daz3d is a professional 3D digital modelling tool.
Apple Motion, is a downloadable graphics app for Mac. It is ideal for creating simple titling animations for your business or independent projects. The updated versions include more complex features like 3D-compositing, vector painting and motion tracking.
Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio.
MakerHuman is free and open source software to create realistic 3d humans for: Illustrations, Animations, Games, and Zbrush Mudbox sculpting.
Blender is a free open source 3D content creation suite. The platform provides a wide toolset from modelling to sequence editing, allowing the creation of complex animations. While this platform is beyond the needs of product sites, the 3D component can be used to design sets for 2D animation
Anim8or is a 3D computer animation program that is designed to allow straightforward creation of animations. This is a good introductory program to 3D animating. Once you have created a model or scene, you can render high quality .jpg and .bmp images and .avi movies and save them to disk for later use.
Xtranormal is an online application to make 3D animated videos. Choose from 500 high-quality actors and 200 beautiful sets. Insert up to 12 actors per scene. Direct your actors to walk, sit, or choose from more than 80 gestures. Customise with your own branding. Enter text to speech in over 20 languages. You can then watch actors lip sync automatically. Plus Move the camera through a 3D environment
- iClone is real-time 3D animation for digital actors, virtual environments, visual effects with drag & drop editing, powerful physics and easy plug-in compatibility, designed for creativity in storytelling and broadcast production, education & visualisation.
Muvizu is 3D animation software. Make 3D animated movies in hours. The full version of Muvizu includes 15 characters, dozens of special effects, hundreds of objects and thousands of animations. Build and light your sets, and direct customised characters. Publish to YouTube, social networking sites, your site, or anywhere. Free Trial Available.
LightWave is a powerful 3D program for modeling, animating and rendering. LightWave has been a staple of film and television visual effects for over 20 years. It provides powerful animation and rigging tools, effect systems, render engine, and much more. This is a highly professional software for producing 3D content.
Art Of Illusion is highly recommended for beginners or traditional graphic designers who only want to model occasionally. Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modeling and rendering software studio. Many of its capabilities rival those found in commercial programs. Features include subdivision surface based modelling tools, skeleton based animation, and a graphical language for designing procedural textures and materials. Art of Illusion is Totally free.
- Aurora 3D Animation Maker will allow you to create excellent eye-catching 3D animations. Transform your text or logos into original and awesome looking creations! Using just a single timeline, you’ll be able to control all aspects of your animation, including its length, speed of playback, and much more! For Mac and PC, Free Trial available.
- Motion Artist is the complete solution for creating art and animation with 3D characters. Includes over 5 GB of human and animal figures and 3D elements.
- K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It combines flexible plugins with a visualisation pipeline architecture, making K-3D a versatile and powerful tool for artists.
3DCrafter is a real-time 3D modeling and animation tool that incorporates an intuitive drag-and-drop approach to 3D modeling.
Stop Motion Animation
Toonloop is a live stop motion animation software. It aims to show the creation process to the audience as well as the result of the creation. Frame by frame animations are made by adding frames one by one to a clip made of many frames. Clips are displayed in a never ending loop. Toonloop is Free to download and use.
- Frames combines illustration and stop-motion tools into an award-winning, easy-to-use animation package.
- StopMotionPro Eclipse has a totally new interface with user-friendly designs. Stop Motion Pro Eclipse is a perfect vehicle for your characters and story.
ClayAnimator is a simple Stop Motion Animation program.
AnimatorHD is a frame grabber software, for creating stop motion and time lapse animation. Allows to create stereoscopic 3D movies taking advantage of motion control systems. Can be also used on film set as a pre-visualization tool.
SqirizMorph is a multi morphing animation tool that lets you morph images and animations together.
- IKITmovie is a movie stop motion animation software. Check out their software below.
- MondoBeyondo offer a Free Stop Motion animation software called StopMojo.
HTML5 Animation Tools
- Hippani Animator is a popular HTML animation studio. It’s easy to make scalable interactive animation, complex games, videos, presentations, apps and multimedia websites. Check out the Happani Animator below. Or you can Download here.
With Google Web Designer you can create engaging, interactive HTML5 based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device.
- Voki is a free collection of customisable speaking avatars, speaking character and presenter creator.
Fokusky is a great tools for creating animations. It has some amazing tools for making Killer HTML5 Animated Business videos and Presentation Videos . Fokusky also has a large library and a download desktop app. Highly Recommended.
- Tumult Hype. Create HTML5 web content, Interactive content and animations. All content made with Tumult Hype work on desktops, smart phones and iPads. No coding required.
With Aquafades you can easily design animated content in HTML5 or Flash. Check out their site for an archive of older versions including Pulp Motion, Motion Composer and BannerZest. These are all available for Mac and Pc plus free to download .
- HTML5Maker is an easy to use animation maker for banners, text. Use templates and an absolutely Great Bank of Icons, Buttons, Arrows, Photos, Backgrounds, Ribbons and other. Your images from their library can then be saved on cloud.
Other Animation Tools
Pixar’s RenderMan is the premier professional rendering software used to generate the photo realistic visuals used in most visual effects and animated movies including all of Pixar’s films. For a more detailed overview of the features in the latest RenderMan 21 check out the video below. Renderman is available to download for free non commercial use.
- DuiK is a comprehensive rigging and animation tool set for After Effects! You can download this tool totally free. Check out this Video for more info.
- Animation Composer is an After Effects plugin with hundreds of motion presets and templates. The presets can be used with any type of a layer (image, shape, solid, composition, etc.)
- Adobe After Effects is the industry-standard animation and creative compositing app. It lets you design and deliver professional motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video, and web.
- PowerPoint is the most widely used tool for creating animation. An incredible versatile tool that will help you create amazing animated graphics, videos, templates, banners and a whole lot more.
This is really just the tip of the iceberg, search around and you’ll find many more animation tools. One of my favorite places to browse is CGPersia and as Animation becomes even more accessible there will no doubt be many more application on the market.
It is now possible to create a one click video from just a template and a URL, but for me that loses all the fun creative process of making a video. Most of the tools above require some form of creativity and if your struggling to get started with any of these tools check out our playlist with tutorials and how to videos for most of the tools in this post.
If you have any tools you can add to this list I would really like to know. And don’t forget to forward your purchase receipt if you have invested in the wonderful Kick Ass Toons, to collect your bonuses! You can use the form below plus I have also added a Cartoon Mega Graphics Pack.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Kick Ass Bonus Request’][contact-field label=’Your Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Your Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Your Purchase Receipt ‘ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Have a Great day and check back for updates.